As used in the following races:
Le Mans LMP1/LMP2 & GT1 & GT2 CARS.
and other night running endurance races.
Surelight's EL Panels make racing numbers easily viewable during endurance races.
We are an ACO approved supplier of EL panels and waterproof inverters for the Le Mans LMP & GT CARS for night racing vehicle number illumination.
Illumination is mandatory as per article 7.5 in the Sporting regulations.
We provide nearly all the UK based teams and increasingly, many overseas teams with what we believe are the brightest EL Panels in the world and waterproof inverters
- Surelight are an ACO approved EL Supplier
- Surelight provide our EL Panels to at least 90% of the UK Race Teams.
- Our EL Racing Number Panels are in increasing demand from many of the European Teams.
- Surelight currently supply race teams from France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Italy and Switzerland as well as teams from America and Japan.
New improved EL Race Panel Connections
We have been working on improvements to the connection method for our EL Race Number Panels.
Our new connections are:
- More robust (New connections use robust dual core water resistant wire and specially developed 3M™ glue.).
- More reliable (Using strong copper tape offers better electrical bond).
- Water resistant.
- Thinner profile (Making installation easier).
We can now offer our EL Race Number Panels with the connection coming out of the back (perpendicular) of the panels (see below).
Offering the same benefits as the new connection above whilst being more discreet when mounted to the vehicle.
The new improved 140C Inverter
The 140C is a race car specific EL panel Inverter
Surelight have designed a new inverter specifically for use with our EL race number panels.
Giving a variety of improvements over the 200C model, the new 140C has improved short circuit and overload protection on both input and output of the device.
Other improvements include:
• A fault indicating LED
• A new shape
• light weight at 325g
• integral fixing holes
The 140C is designed specifically for the existing race car panel size which is ~900cm2.
What you get:
Our EL Racing Panels come ready to position on the race car. Connections are made on the panel ready to connect to an inverter and to the power supply on the car. (Inverter sold separately).
Panels will need sign writing with vinyl numbers and securing to the car in the correct positions. Please contact us for further installation advice.
EL Racing Number Panel Size:
Lit Area - 340mm x 270mm
Overall Panel size including encapsulation - 355mm x 280mm (Lamination dimensions may vary due to connection orientation)
Click diagram below for a larger view of a landscape EL Racing Number Panel:
Click a thumbnails for larger image
- A - Portrait - Connection on the right
- B - Portrait - Connection on the left
- C - Landscape - Connection on the right
- D - Landscape - Connection on the left
- E - Perpendicular - Connection Rear Centre
- F - Custom - Ccustom connection (anywhere on the rear of the panel) - please contact us via telephone to enquire about custom sizes and connections: Tel: +44 (0) 114 236 1606
Click image on the right for larger view (not to scale - for explanatory purposes only)
Click here for Racing Number Panel Technical Data
Don't forget, you'll need an Inverter for each panel!
Please note: Surelight retail the EL Panels only - Surelight do not apply numbers to our EL race car lighting panels.